Victaulic Company Tool Application Engineer -Tool Technology in Easton, Pennsylvania
Tool Application Engineer -Tool Technology (Job Number: 1800004G)
Position: Tool Application Engineer
Location: Victaulic Global Headquarters -Easton, PA
Reports to: Manager or Group Leader, Applications Engineering
The Victaulic Tool team is looking for an experienced engineer or field technician to support tool related inquiries within the US customer base. This individual will interface with end-users and internal Victaulic teams (Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Sales) primarily providing technical tool support to Victaulic’s customers. While primary interactions will be within the Domestic US market, there is an expectation for Global interface on an as needed basis.
1. Direct interface with end-users with product questions or concerns (phone & site travel).
2. Work with Design Teams (Primarily US, but also global team) on New Product Initiatives, cost reduction initiatives, redesigns etc.
3. Coordinate Technical support and understanding within the US Engineering Services Team.
4. Coordinate Beta site feedback on new or revised product concepts.
5. Evaluate product returns.
6. Drive literature and instruction enhancements based on direct interaction with customers.
7. Work with Product Management, Design Engineers, ES and Marketing on all literature, work instructions, etc. required to support the end-user. This includes new and revised literature.
Critical Job Segments:
- Provide general support to sales organization. This includes telephone and written correspondence, joint calls with sales personnel to address customer's technical inquiries, and investigating field installations as to product usage and performance. Address direct customer and/or prospective customer inquiries regarding Victaulic product features, benefits, and applications.
- Understand, educate, and demonstrate proper use of Victaulic products. Instruct proper tool operation and tool maintenance practices to the customer and their staff at jobsite locations.
- Serve as an internal resource on product issues, representing the customer’s needs.
- Serve as a corporate resource for jobsite, product installation and tool issues.
- Continually update personal knowledge of Victaulic products, competitive products, and markets.
- Understand the contents of Victaulic literature required for proper product use and tool operation. Explain to jobsite personnel where to find and how to use pertinent information contained within our literature. Distribute this information freely to jobsite personnel to ensure a better understanding of proper installation techniques.
- Perform additional related projects as assigned by the Manager of Engineering Services or Group Leader.
1. Bachelors or Associates Degree in Technical, Business, or equivalent experience.
2. Possess mechanical aptitude and the ability to convey technical concepts in layman’s terms.
3. Electrical diagnostic ability –(Electrical background, PLC’s/Diagnostics)
3. Direct customer interface experience.
4. Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
5. Willingness to travel up to 35% nationally and internationally on occasion.
6. Self-motivated and desire to excel.
Primary Location: US-PA-Easton