Williams Companies Engineer III (Rotating Equipment) in pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Engineer III (Rotating Equipment)
Number of Openings: 1
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15238
Operating Area/Functional Area: Northeast G & P
*Bring your energy to ours. Help us become the premier provider of large-scale natural gas infrastructure in the United States. * At Williams, we’re focused on being great. If you are a high-performer and are committed to contributing to something much bigger than yourself, you are going to love working here. We’re well positioned to help meet the growing demand for natural gas as a cleaner-burning domestic energy source.
Hear from our employees on why they chose a career at Williams: https://williams.wistia.com/medias/zsgtf87fb1
Our organization is seeking an Engineer with experience in Rotating Equipment for the Northeast Gathering & Processing Team based in Pittsburgh, PA.
• Maintain in-depth understanding of equipment and apply problem solving techniques to identify and correct equipment problems or inefficiencies.
• Gather and analyze unit performance and past history data
• Determine optimal compression operating mode on a real-time basis and recommend adjustments as needed to achieve optimum state
• Develop recommendations for improving performance, reliability, utilization, and profitability
• Lead or participate in equipment root cause failure analysis (RCFA) investigations
• Troubleshoot equipment performance problems, emission compliance problems, vibration problems, or reliability and safety concerns.
• Help develop overhaul and repair recommendations and budgets for supported areas.
• Identify training needs for Operations, Tech Services, E&C, and others with focus on equipment reliability and personal safety.
• Develop and maintain relationships with Engineering, Technical Services, and Operations to assist them with their projects, while also learning from them.
• Support Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) with research of environmental permit requirements and equipment specifications to determine compliance
• Work with Operations, and SME’s to determine the health of critical equipment to insure that we are operating reliably, efficient, and in a safe manner while maintaining the availability of our equipment
• Work with Engineering to review and comment on drawings, scopes, and proposals. Participate in factory acceptance tests, drawing reviews, and some commissioning activities
• Work with the Rotating Equipment Specialist and Operations team to maintain equipment operating and maintenance procedures for rotating equipment
• Develop bad actor failure reduction program
• Develop life cycle costs for rotating equipment repairs and replacement.
• Identify maintenance and efficiency rotating equipment projects
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program
• Minimum of 5+ years engineering experience, preferably in operations, operations support, or engineering / construction.
• Experience in troubleshooting and maintaining slow speed/high speed reciprocating and centrifugal compressors. This also includes electric, turbine and natural gas engine drivers.
• Skilled at trouble shooting technical problems with rotating equipment and auxiliaries
• Experience with pumps, fans and turbo-expanders
• Experience with Windrock engine analyzers and software
• Experience with vibration monitoring and other reliability test equipment
• Experience with CAT 3500 and 3600 series natural gas engines.
• Experience with Ariel natural gas compressors.
• Ability to use and employ manufacturers, vendors and specialty software
• Experience with Solar turbines
Regular/Temporary Assignment: R
FLSA Status: E
Shift: N-Not Applicable
Percent of Travel: Up to 50%
Relocation Offered: No
Williams is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis protected under applicable discrimination law.