Comcast Sr .Net Engineer - Wayne, PA in Wayne, Pennsylvania
Spotlight Platform Engineering Group helps drive the new generation of products that are transforming Comcast into a media and technology company. Engineering manages the operations for Comcast's industry-leading video, high-speed Internet and voice services for consumers and businesses, and runs a network that supports numerous multi-billion dollar businesses. Comcast is creating next-generation technology for the fast-growing advanced advertising market. We enable and innovate solutions to support both traditional and emerging programmatic and premium advertising markets through our platforms, data, marketplace and sales channels.
Responsible for planning, designing and development of new software and web applications. Working within a Technical Services Group supporting theComcast Spotlight Business. Our team supports all the Systems, Applicationsand tool that run the Spotlight Advertising Business. Analyzes, tests, and assistswith the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications underdevelopment, and customizes current applications.
- Develop new code, maintain existing code and refactor existing code, managing code branches.
- Must have experience using approaches such as code generation, metadata, object-oriented design, ORM classes, and workflow automation.
- Assists with the software update process for existing applications, and roll-outs ofsoftware releases.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fitspecification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts,skills, and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product andtechnical requirements.
- Conduct analysis to determine integrationneeds.
- Must have experience with large databases and deployments, 1 billion rows.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff oninternally developed software applications.
- Researches, write and edit documentation and technical requirements,including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process andguidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques.
- Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of, and ability to apply, process designand redesign skills.
- Presents and defends architectural, design, and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of, and ability to apply project managementskills.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviewsliterature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree Engineering Technology and Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Requires 8 years software development experience
Additional Preferred Skills:
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer