Comcast Eng2,Network Engineering in West Chester, Pennsylvania
Comcast’s Technology & Product organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. We work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards.
TPX Network Engineering Enterprise Engineer 2 will primarily be responsible for the staging, implementation, and support of the Comcast internal enterprise network infrastructure and 3rd party vendor connections. Additional duties will include performance engineering, real time analysis and network optimization. The Comcast enterprise network combines the following services data, voice, and video-onto a single converged IP infrastructure. The Network Engineer-2 will interact with our internal Comcast customer across all business units.
Perform sustained engineering duties to support Comcast enterprise network applications data, voice, and video.
Monitor network capacity, plan and implement market augments as needed.
Exercise sound judgment during site design, network configuration, and network activation to ensure efficient use of funds and time, with minimal service impact.
Manage the performance and reliability of a converged network.
Assist in efforts to automate internal processes/tools for departmental engineering tasks
Provide operational escalation support, including periodic On-Call support focused on isolating and resolving network outages.
Participate in assigned interdepartmental technical projects
Build relationships with assigned business units through regular communication and site visits.
Communicate applicable design guidelines and provide guidance to business units to ensure compliance.
Provide network metrics/statistics as requested.
Other duties as assigned.
2-5 years of hands-on experience with network infrastructure design, implementation, and support.
Understanding of the high level design criteria for managing a large converged data/voice/video enterprise network.
CCNP/JNCIP certified or equivalent on-the-job experience.
Explicit hands on experience configuring Cisco/Juniper switches & routers via command line.
Requires a proficient understanding of IP routing and switching protocols (OSPF, ISIS, OSPFv3, BGP, STP).
Requires a proficient understanding of IPv4, IPv6, QoS, VSS, GRE, Spine/leaf architectures, etc.
Working knowledge of MPLS/VPN technologies.
Knowledge of IP Telephony and Telecom Technology a plus.
Basic scripting skills: Perl, Python, Java, PHP, etc.
Extremely organized individual with strong troubleshooting skills.
Solid business communications skills, both written and verbal to effectively interact with internal business units and external vendors.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 2-5 years related experience
Employees at all levels are expect to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Drive results and growth
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
- Determines and implements corporate communications network and information technology standards.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network issues.
- Determines and documents internal telecommunications systems.
- Designs and configures telecommunications systems.
- Establishes and maintains network performance objectives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer